Motorcycle accident leaves California Highway Patrol officer injured

Posted on in Motorcycle Accidents

Motorcycles are much smaller than many of the other vehicles that share the road. And when a motorcycle accident occurs, the damage to the bike and the injury to the rider can be great.

A California Highway Patrol officer was injured earlier this week when he got into an accident while on his motorcycle. The CHP officer had originally stopped to help with a car accident. The initial car accident did not appear to be serious; however it took some time to clear the debris from the road.

Once the crash was cleared, the driver of one of the vehicles was able to get off the road. The other car was about to drive off the same off-ramp to exit. The CHP officer rode his motorcycle ahead to help the second car also exit the freeway. Unfortunately, the driver of the second car did not see the officer approaching and turned quickly to the right, directly in the path of the motorcycle.

Upon impact, the CHP officer was thrown from the motorcycle. Fortunately he reportedly only sustained minor injuries and will likely recover quickly.

This is not always the case for motorcycle riders. Being struck by another vehicle and being thrown into the air can lead to broken bones, neck injuries and serious head injuries. The more severe the injury, the longer it can take for a motorcyclist to recover from the crash.

Being the victim of a motorcycle crash can change everything. Physical injuries can lead to permanent disabilities; medical expenses and repair costs can leave a victim in a financially tight situation. Seeking compensation after an accident can help a victim deal with some of those unexpected expenses. It won't change the past, but it can help build a better future.

Source: KGO-TV San Francisco, "Unlicensed driver hits CHP motorcycle officer," Nov. 16, 2011

AvvoAV10 Best Personal Injury American Justice SCCTLA CAOC

Contact Us Now

Schedule a Free Consultation

While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with the attorney, please call at 408-293-7777 or complete the intake form below.

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
John J. Garvey, III
96 North Third Street, #660
San Jose, CA 95112

Map and Directions