Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Attorney in San Jose

Santa Clara County Lawyer Serving Clients Injured By Uninsured and Underinsured Drivers

San Jose uninsured motorist attorney

Any serious car accident is bad news, especially when there are injuries — but more so when the driver of the other car is uninsured or underinsured. Without adequate insurance coverage, there may be no way to pay the bills regardless of who was at fault.

Talk to a San Jose uninsured motorist accident lawyer with more than 40 years of experience handling personal injury claims in California. Explore your options and learn how to deal with an auto accident involving serious or catastrophic injuries and insufficient insurance coverage from the other driver.

Uninsured motorist coverage generally applies to claims involving drivers without any type of liability insurance on their vehicle. If your policy includes uninsured motorist coverage, you may file a claim with your own insurance company for your injuries or losses. Even then, you must prove your claim that the other driver was at fault and uninsured. Few consumers — if anyone — can navigate these waters without the assistance of an experienced San Jose uninsured motorist lawyer.

You may be astonished to discover that your own insurance company has become your legal opponent rather than your advocate after a San Jose area car accident involving an uninsured motorist. If your claim cannot be resolved through negotiation, it may be necessary to take the matter to binding arbitration. This is a complicated area of the law that demands skill, knowledge and guidance from an experienced uninsured motorist car accident attorney.

Underinsured motorist coverage is handled similarly; however there are important differences in handling an underinsured motorist case. Complex nuances in this area of law require the attention of an attorney with much experience handling similar claims for an injured person to collect available benefits.

Call 408-293-7777 to Learn Your Options

See our web page entitled what to do after an auto accident for some basic ideas on how to proceed when you have been injured in a motor vehicle crash. If you have been injured in a car crash and need a well-informed analysis of available avenues for paying your medical bills, contact John J. Garvey, III, experienced San Jose uninsured motorist accident lawyer, to schedule a consultation. We handle these cases on a contingency fee basis (no recovery, no fee).

AvvoAV10 Best Personal Injury American Justice SCCTLA CAOC

Contact Us Now

Schedule a Free Consultation

While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with the attorney, please call at 408-293-7777 or complete the intake form below.

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
John J. Garvey, III
96 North Third Street, #660
San Jose, CA 95112

Map and Directions