Santa Clara County Elder Abuse Attorney
San Jose Injury Attorney for the Elderly
In and around the San Francisco Bay area, potential clients in search of a skilled nursing home abuse lawyer do well to seek out elder abuse attorney John J. Garvey, III. With more than 40 years experience handling injury claims in a wide range of settings and situations, Mr. Garvey is prepared to conduct a detailed case analysis after you or your elderly or disabled family member has suffered harm in a nursing home as a result of abuse or neglect.
The Law Office of John J. Garvey, III, is well equipped to represent residents of nursing homes who have suffered serious injuries in the context of elder care.
- A resident may suffer from bedsores, dehydration or malnutrition as a result of neglect or abuse by caregivers.
- A nursing home resident with Alzheimer's may wander off undetected as a result of lack of supervision.
- A nursing home resident may fall from a chair or bed, suffering injury or even death as a result.
There Are Many Types of Abuse
Elders are protected according to California law through the Elder Abuse and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act (EADACPA). Abuse is not restricted solely to physical abuse. Abuse as defined by EADACPA may include:
- Physical abuse
- Fiduciary abuse
- Isolation or other treatment with resulting physical harm or pain or mental suffering
- Deprivation by a care custodian of goods or services which are necessary to avoid physical harm or mental suffering.
Abuse Can Occur at Home
Elder abuse often occurs in nursing homes that are understaffed and overcrowded — but sometimes occurs in older peoples homes, as well. In-home caregivers, family members or neighbors are all potentially responsible for harmful treatment of vulnerable older people.
Call a San Jose Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer at 408-293-7777
Whatever the cause of an accident, severe injuries cause pain, suffering and expense to a victim and usually a family as well. You need a well-qualified San Jose nursing home abuse lawyer on your side to help obtain the monetary compensation you need after a fall in a long-term care facility. Contact our San Jose law firm, the Law Office of John J. Garvey, III, to schedule a free initial consultation . We handle these cases on a contingency fee basis (no recovery, no fee).