San Jose, CA Premises Liability Attorney
Helping Victims Injured by Negligent Property Owners and Inadequate Maintenance in California
When a property owner, property manager or occupier of a property fails to exercise reasonable care to protect the safety of visitors to the property, that person or entity may be held legally responsible to compensate injured people for injuries that occurred. An experienced premises liability attorney can help you identify if you have a claim and provide knowledgeable advice regarding your options.
Whether you have been involved in a slip and fall accident, have been attacked by an unleashed dog or were injured when attacked in a parking garage, you may have a right to be compensated for your injuries. It is important to consult a skilled lawyer right away to ensure evidence is not lost and to help determine the strength of your claim. Contact San Jose premises liability lawyer John J. Garvey, III, for a free consultation about your case.
Types of Premises Liability Cases
The Law Office of John J. Garvey, III, is experienced in pursuing premises liability claims arising from all types of property-related accidents. Some of these include:
- Slip and fall accident: These can result from icy sidewalks, spills left unattended, broken staircases or other dangerous surfaces.
- Inadequate security: A landlords or property owners failure to maintain lighting bars on windows or other security measures can contribute to crimes like robbery, rape, or assault.
- Amusement park injuries: Serious or even fatal injury can result from a mechanical malfunction, or park staffs failure to ensure adequate safety measures.
- Swimming pool accidents: Swimmers can suffer accidental drowning as a result of inadequate supervision, or also from faulty drains, pumps, or other equipment.
- Dog bites: Dog owners are responsible when their dogs bite others. Dog bites are considered property-related accidents because such incidents are often covered under homeowners insurance. Dog bites can be particularly traumatic for children, who, because of their stature, often suffer bites to the face.
- Explosions: Whether from a gas leak, a propane tank explosion, a volatile chemical mix or another cause, explosions can cause painful burns and other injuries that require intensive and expensive medical treatments and surgeries.
- Electrical injuries: Exposure to loose wires, faulty machinery or other dangerous electrical sources can cause serious and potentially fatal injuries for which you may be able to bring a premises liability lawsuit.
- Playground accidents: A lack of proper supervision, or a failure to maintain playground equipment in safe condition can open up schools, parks or other property owners to premises liability lawsuits.
- Golf resort injuries: Golf carts can cause serious injury when they tip over, malfunction, or when a negligent driver stops or starts too quickly, or stops or starts while someone else is getting on or off. A golfer could also sustain an injury because of a resorts failure to maintain the green in a safe condition, because of poor course design, or even from being hit by a ball or a club.
Obtaining Compensation for Your Injuries in a Premises Liability Claim
Sometimes shoppers in grocery stores have difficulty obtaining monetary compensation after falling on a slippery floor or tripping on an item left in a shopping aisle. Individuals injured due to various dangerous property conditions have similar challenges in pursuing compensation. The insurer of the property may state that the property owner or manager did not have sufficient notice to be reasonably expected to have known about the hazardous condition and take appropriate remedial action.
Therefore, two of the most important questions that your San Jose slip and fall attorney or premises liability lawyer will seek answers to are: Did the management know or should they have known of the dangerous conditions? Did that party take reasonable and timely actions to rectify the situation? Only a thorough investigation is likely to reveal the answer to these questions.
Bring Us Your Concerns and Learn Your Rights, Call 408-293-7777
Contact San Jose, California, slip and fall attorney John J. Garvey, III, to schedule a free consultation to discuss your injury or wrongful death claim after a serious accident.
Accidental injury cases accepted by the Law Office of John J. Garvey, III, are handled on a contingency fee basis (no recovery, no fee). Flexible appointment times are available for your convenience.